The Xplico is a Network Forensic Analysis Tool (NFAT). The main scope of Xplico is to extract all application data content from a network capture (pcap file or real-time acquisition). For example, Xplico is able to extract all e-mails carried by the POP and SMTP protocols, and all content carried by HTTP protocol from a pcap file.
- Protocols supported: [HTTP, SIP, FTP, IMAP, POP, SMTP, TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, ...;
- VoIP audio codecs supported: G711ulaw, G711alaw, G722, G729, G723, G726 and MSRTA (x-msrta:Real Time Audio)
- Port Independent Protocol Identification (PIPI) for each application protocol;
- Output data and information in SQLite database or MySQL database and/or files;
- At each data reassembled by Xplico is associated a XML file that uniquely identifies the flows and the pcap containing the data reassembled;
- Realtime elaboration (depends on the number of flows, the types of protocols and by the performance of computer ---RAM, CPU, HD access time, ...--- );
- TCP reassembly with ACK verification for any packet or soft ACK verification;
- Reverse DNS lookup from DNS packages contained in the inputs files (pcap), not from external DNS server;
- No size limit on data entry or the number of files entrance (the only limit is HD size).