Tools memory analysis
The following tools can be used to conduct memory analysis.
Memory Analysis Frameworks
- Volatility Framework - A complete framework for analyzing Windows, Linux and Mac OSX memory images.
- WindowsSCOPE Pro, Ultimate - Comprehensive toolkit for the capture and analysis of Windows physical and virtual memory targeting cyber analysis, forensics/incident response, and education. Software and hardware based acquisition with CaptureGUARD PCIe and ExpressCard.
- WindowsSCOPE Live live fetch and analysis of Windows computers on a network from Android smartphones and tablets.
Browser Email Memory Tool
- pdgmail is a python script to extract gmail artifacts from memory images. Made for images extracted with pdd, but works with any memory image.
Instant Messenger Memory Tool
- Belkasoft Evidence Center is a tool by Belkasoft which allows for retrieving various Instant Messenger artifacts from an attached memory image.
Platform Independent Tools
A list of tools which should work regardless of future incremental OS / hardware updates.
- inVtero.net Open Source Hypervisor/Process/Kernel detection for Windows, FreeBSD, OpenBSD and NetBSD. inVtero.net is based on interpreting low-level hardware defined constructs which change little over time. See github for details.
Analysis support libraries/tools
Additional tools/libraries that are meant to be used in combination with existing frameworks or tools.
- 1 Reloc interfaces with a hosted server that has compiled over 200000 fragments of PE relocation data that can be used to transform executable's extracted from memory back into their original state. This means an exact recovery from any dump can be built. This will allow you to validate a secure hash (SHA256, etc...) to have total confidence there exists no backdoor or other malicious patch to a code in memory.