Microsoft Outlook is an email client that also works as a Personal Information Management (PIM) tool. Outlook can be obtained as a part of Microsoft's Office suite. Outlook is most widely used by the organizations, corporate professionals and other corporations in union with Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SharePoint Server. Outlook is embedded with various attributes in addition to emailing such as calendar, task manager, contact archive, notes and journals.
Outlook 2013 was released on January 2013. The features embedded in Outlook 2013 include: -
- Attachment Reminder. Outlook 2013 notifies the user about the availability of attachment before any email is sent; thus, allowing the user to insert attachments if required. The attachment reminder can also be turned off.
- Exchange ActiveSync (EAS). The EAS protocol now allows Outlook to work in synchronization with emailing services such as Outlook.com.
- Add-in Resiliency. To enhance its performance and resiliency; Outlook, now automatically turns off any sort of malicious add – in. These add–ins, if required, can be re – enabled manually.
- Cached Exchange Mode Improvements. Outlook 2013 now executes the caching of email messages from the past 12 months only. Any email message older than last 12 months is automatically dropped from the local cache folder. The Exchange Fast Access attribute now promises enhanced performance, even if, the user is accessing the application in offline mode.
- IMAP Improvements. The IMAP networks operations are now carried out in the background of Outlook 2013. This feature replaces the foreground operations in previous versions. The access to the IMAP emails is now enhanced in the similar manner as experienced while viewing in cached mode.
- Outlook .ost File Compression. The new format of Outlook Data File OST (.ost) that is created now is approximately 40% smaller; in comparison to those that were created in the previous versions of Microsoft Outlook.
- People Hub. Introduced as the new default view for contacts in Outlook 2013; it can also store the contacts from the social networks.
- Performance Improvements. The Microsoft Outlook 2013 is committed to provide boosted and improved performance in comparison to the previous versions.